The challenge of protecting data that is used, shared, and stored beyond the corporate network, beyond endpoint devices, and throughout the cloud has become a prevailing problem for today’s enterprises. In response to remote and hybrid work, organizations are scrambling to patch together solutions that inadvertently create security gaps.
The goal of The Data Dilemma: Cloud Adoption and Risk Report is to identify cloud security trends that affect businesses of all sizes and across a broad range of geographies and industries. The research is based on results from IT decision makers, IT specialists, and senior business decision makers around the world on their use of cloud services. Find out how these enterprise professionals are addressing data security challenges and why better controls are needed.
Key findings from the report:
- 75% of organizations have experienced cybersecurity breaches, threats, and/or theft of data, indicating that they need stronger security controls to stop breaches and attacks from impacting them.
- The average number of public cloud services in use increased 50% in three years.
- 97% of organizations experience security challenges with their private cloud, compared to 82% in 2019.
- Organizations store 61% of their sensitive data in the cloud.
- Most organizations have experienced at least one cybersecurity breach (90%), cybersecurity threat (89%), and/or theft of data (80%).
- 75% of organizations admit Shadow IT impairs their ability to keep data secure, yet only 42% of those experiencing Shadow IT use a Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) to monitor unauthorized cloud usage.
Learn from this holistic view of cloud transformation to help evolve your own security practice.
Please fill out the form to get the full report.
Related: Download the Free Report Infographic
Download Now (1.6MB)